domingo, 1 de junio de 2014

Plans for the Baja Expedition are Moving Along

Ticket bought. I will arrive in San Diego, CA, on July 2. From there I will travel to Tijuana and then Mexicali. My first research stop is the Archivo Historico de Baja California: https://www.facebook.com/AHEBC. I just ordered Historian Paul Vanderwood's Satan's Playground: Mobsters and Movie Stars at America's Greatest Gaming Resort about Tijuana. I love Vanderwood's work and I have been meaning to read this book. I also assigned it to a summer online history of Mexico course that I am teaching. Why not kill two birds with one stone?  I additionally read the Historia General de Baja California Sur and John Steinbeck's The Log from the Sea of Cortez. Any good book recommendations about the Baja California Peninsula?


Saludos,
Justin Castro
Jonesboro, Arkansas

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario